Friday, May 4, 2007

JOSE LUIS GARCIA LOPEZ!!!

José began his US comic book career drawing for GOLD KEY COMICS, drawing stories for THE TWILIGHT ZONE,and I've seen a couple of these, but José is best known in the US for the wonderful drawing he has done for DC COMICS, especially on SUPERMAN "team-up" stories for DC COMICS PRESENTS, the licensing project ATARI FORCE, the early DC Graphic Novel STAR RAIDERS, many wonderful covers, one of my favorites, CINDER & ASHE, and, even DC's "in-house" style guide, which cartoonists use to keep their renditions of a character looking the way DC wants them to look.
An entry on the internet encyclopedia states that José was born in 1948, I believe he is originally from Argentina, I hope that someone will correvt me if I am wrong.
I love the sleek and graceful dtaftsmanship in José's work, it is along the lines of Alex Raymond, the artisitic creator of FLASH GORDON, and, also, it recalls the drawing of another FLASH GORDON cartoonist, Al Williamson, another accomplished comic art draftsman.
Any time I see a comic book drawn by José I am certain that the panels will be beautiful to look at, if not wonderful to read as well.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

No comments: